Make A Donation
If you are blessed using this software, please consider making a generous donation to help us continue to support, improve, and upgrade MySword Project. Thank you very much for your support
New Version - v.6.3.1
MySword 6.3.1 is just a bug fix of MySword 6.3. MySword 6.3's major features are Compact mode and WYSIWYG Editor improvements.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the stable Free version (MySword 6.3) from the Google Play Store.
Please note that only the Free version is now available in Google Play while the one available from this website can be upgraded to Premium or Deluxe version. The website version can always be installed over the Google Play version by checking Unknown sources (Android Settings->Security).
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click either of the download links below.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the new version from the Google Play Store.
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click the download link below.
Please note that MySword requires the minimum Android version of 2.1 (Eclair) for it to be installed.
For MySword to be properly installed in your Android device, make sure the Unknown Sources setting is checked in Settings->Applications.
- Installation Instructions
- Bugs Fixed in Version 6.3.1
- What's new in Version 6.3
- Bugs Fixed in Version 6.3
- What's new in Version 6.2
- Bugs Fixed in Version 6.2
- Change Log of MySword - Old Versions to latest
Install MySword APK file (preferably downloading the link above in your Android device). If this message "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from the Google Play" or a similar one appears, you will have to enable the installation of applications from sources other than Google Play. To do this, go to Settings->Security and check Unknown Sources. Then try to install again MySword APK.
After successful installation, run MySword. You will then be asked to specify a folder in your SD card (or internal storage) as a place for the Bible, Dictionary and Commentary modules. You may choose to use the default. After specifying that folder, you will be asked to download modules so that you can use MySword. You can choose the suggested modules (includes some popular English Bibles, Strong's dictionary and TSK commentary) or add more modules by tapping Bible, Commentary or Dictionary buttons and selecting modules).
You can also manually install any modules by downloading the GZip files from this site, unzipping them and copying them into the storage folder you had specified.
Enjoy God's word!
MySword 6.3.1 is just a bug fix of MySword 6.3.
- Failed to initialize error in Arrange Bible buttons.
- Other bug fixes.
- Only the Free version is now available in Google Play while the one available from the website can be upgraded to Premium or Deluxe version. The website version can always be installed over the Google Play version by checking Unknown sources (Android Settings->Security).
- Compact mode improvements:
- The 2 custom buttons at the bottom is increased to 4. Note that the 3rd is only useful for phablets while the 4th only for tablets, otherwise they will either be off the screen or overlapping the page down.
- Added new top right menu and custom button options: Verse List, Stats and other Info, and short cut to Module types (Bible, Commentary, Dictionary, Personal Notes, Journal and Book). For the bottom custom buttons, if the current view already matched the short cut (for example, you are already in Journal view and there is a Journal short cut), tapping it will switch to Bible so in effect it is a toggle to that view and Bible.
- WYSIWYG Editor improvements:
- Added Insert Box (via + or Insert button). You can specify the box color, style, size and background highlight/color. You can adjust the internal margin or padding by going to Format->Style parent tag, then adjust the padding which is default to 0.2em.
- Added new Format action: Edit parent HTML.
- Full screen with double tap and single tap both disabled is no longer allowed as it is hard for many users to exit full screen.
- Journal and Book list now follows similar sorting as in other views like the Bible: when Android Language is set to non-English locale, abbreviations in that locale are displayed first after those starting with numbers and before English; but using the English locale will cause non-English abbreviations to be displayed last.
- Added new Bible view preference: Old Testament quote. By default there is no style so you have to use the Visual Color Theme or CSS Editor. Note that there are only few Bibles with OT quote tags like KJV.
- Edit Bible Cross References (Deluxe) via left Navigation drawer or top right Bible button bar (locate the hyperlink icon). You can add, edit or remove Bible references on the current verse using a UI similar to Bookmark or Verse list manager.
- Added Stats and other Info bottom button (i icon; available also in Compact mode bottom menu) which currently have About Module and the Deluxe Word Frequency and Word Occurrence. In the future, more will be added like Extract verses.
- Navigating to a Bible link in Full screen when Show topic in full screen is checked causes a crash.
- Compact mode long tap popup menu will no longer show up if the Navigation drawer on the left was partially opened then closed (not fully opened). The only way to bring it back is either to restart MySword or fully open the drawer then close.
- Book/Journal entries with title containing # do not show up.
- Non-WYSIYWG Editor crashes loading content with length greater than 10,500 and also limits the content to that size in some devices like LG.
- Search improvements:
- New Search types: Title - for Dictionary/Book/Journal; Tag for Journal/Book. Both are plain string searches so prefix, infix and suffix are included.
- Tags if present are now included in the search results and preview/view more for Journal/Book
- Non-English modules (except Book/Journal) will default search type to No accent if present
- Improvement on Dictionary/Book/Journal Search index for No accents (diacritics), Regular expression (No accents) and the Deluxe Exact or Prefix and Exact [all use the same index]: title is now included in case it is not found in the content indexed. You will need to reindex via Menu->Reindex. The Standard type still do not include the title even if it is not found in the content to make searching faster while the Premium FTS and Deluxe FTS Exact already included the title.
- Compact mode improvement: you can now add 2 semi-transparent bottom buttons (go to Preferences->Buttons Arrangement->Compact mode custom buttons (bottom).
- Merge Bible references will now merge references enclosed in bold or italics.
- Popups will now make Bible links those references using underscore to separate book from chapter like Job_3:26 in Strong's H7951.
- Editor auto list (typing I. text Enter or 1. , A. , * or -) will no longer have 0 margin on list items so that Custom CSS will work.
- Support for anchor/bookmark range in Journals/Books similar to Dictionary LSJ useful popup of short text like abbreviation lookup that is reusable in different entries (also just like in The Word). The anchor name should not contain hyphen (-) as it is used for range. The options are:
- anchor name ends with - means text from the anchor up to before the next anchor (if any) only will be included; e.g. ##goal1-
- anchor name followed by - then another anchor name means up to before the second anchor name; e.g. ##goal1-goal4
- anchor name without - means old behavior including whole content for book/journal but not for dictionary; e.g. ##goal1
- Long tap text to show Popup menu improvement in Deluxe: Lookup word in other dictionaries.
- Horizontal scrolling (Deluxe) improvement: Previous chapter via swipe, link or button now goes to the end of the chapter.
- Strong's links on text (Deluxe) improvement: Morphological code only without Strong's number is now included (e.g. Gen 1:3 ALXX ειπεν link to v-aai-3s; please download the latest ALXX)
- Dictionary popup issues:
- Links within the same dictionary do not use the same dictionary but instead the default one.
- When Select is tapped on a dictionary popup opened from a dictionary popup, the default dictionary will be used instead of the one used in popup.
- Parallel top Prev/Next in Compact mode occupied extra columns in landscape or tablets.
- Split Modules Path check box is enabled in some devices even if there is no External SD card present.
- Sub menus of About, Copy/Export and Help does not show properly on full screen using non-Default theme.
- Share (Premium) content with Horizontal rule (HR tag, e.g. from Journal, Book or Dictionary) still shows the HTML tag.
- Share (Premium) content with paragraph embedded in list shows as Wiki.
- Strong text as link's (Deluxe) popup's morphological tags do not work on some modules.
- Word Frequency (Deluxe) do not work on Large buttons.
Enjoy God's word even more!